“The Son of Man came not to be served but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.” -Matthew 20:28
As our Lord and Savior served us and all the world in the greatest of ways, it is our joy to serve Him and others all of our days. Service is an integral part of our Christian life and as such, it is a big part of life here at St. Paul’s. We are here to serve … to serve members of our own congregation who are in need and to serve our neighbor which is literally every person on the face of this planet.
So come serve with us, join our church family and be part of many helping endeavors, including:
- Sending special care packages to our military men and women in war zones.
- Purchasing clothing and school supplies for needy children in our community.
- Helping and supporting relief efforts in the aftermath of disasters in our country and around the world.
- Helping the elderly and others with limited ability in getting groceries and medications, and doing work around their homes.
- Helping sister congregations who are struggling.
- Going to local nursing homes and sharing the love of God with residents and staff.
- Supporting our local food pantry as they help people in our own neighborhood and community.
Also, St. Paul’s has a comfort dog, Samuel, who is specially trained to help people in crisis situations. He is part of the Comfort Dog team with Lutheran Church Charities. He and his handlers, Pastor and Donna Hein, have provided assistance at tragic situations here in Illinois as well as in other states. Samuel is also the fire service dog for Lockport Township Fire Protection District and works with Pastor Hein, their fire chaplain, in comforting people caught up in tragic events.