At the center of our faith is Jesus Christ. No surprise there! But what is many times misunderstood is what the Christian faith really involves and how it plays out in our personal lives, family lives … at work, church and home.
Who is this Jesus? Who is He to me? What has He done for me, for my loved ones and all mankind? What better person to answer this than Jesus Himself. And He who is the very Word of God does just that in Holy Scripture from Genesis to Revelation and all of the books in between. The entire Bible from cover to cover is God sharing His love for you and all people in Christ Jesus. We would love to share with you more about our Savior and our faith in Him. In fact, we do that every week in our worship services, Bible classes, Sunday School, adult information classes and junior confirmation classes!
St. Paul’s is part of the Lutheran Church – Missouri Synod. What does that mean? It means that we are a family of Christian men, women, teenagers and children who believe that:
- We and all people have salvation and eternal life solely by the grace of God through faith alone in His Son, our Savior, Jesus Christ.
- That the entire Bible is the inspired Word of God. It is God’s personal message to you and all people in which He points us to Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior. Holy Scripture is the ultimate authority which governs our lives. It is without error and is complete with no further revelation needed.
- That there is only one true God revealed in Scripture and confessed in the Creeds as Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- That God created everything in six natural, normal days. That man and woman are the crown of god’s creation, made in His images – pure and holy.
- That Adam and Eve, of their own will, went against God’s command brought sin into the world. Since that time, all people have been conceived and born in sin.
- That sin is the transgressing of God’s holy will in thought, word and deed.
- That people cannot save themselves by their good works or by any other human means.
- That God sent His Son, Jesus, into the world to save us.
- That Jesus Chris is both true God and true Man and by His suffering and death on the cross He redeemed us from sin, death and the devil.
- That our Lord rose victoriously from the dead on Easter morning and has ascending into heaven where He now rules over all things for our good.
- That Jesus will come again to take all believers to Himself. On that final day, all the dead will be raised. Then will come the final judgement where unbelievers will go into everlasting hell and believers into everlasting life in heaven.
Also, please be sure to check out the following resources. They, too, say a lot about our church family and what we believe: